Got a minute?
Crack open a cold one and join us for a quick look at this exterior cleaning and painting project we just finished for a large brewery in Texas.
Exterior painting isn’t just about fresh style, but also about cleaning and maintaining your surfaces as a whole. This is the key to not only keeping a fresh, professional aesthetic, but also driving down your maintenance costs overall.
The most cost-effective strategy you can employ is to invest in routine, ongoing care. If you wait until there is a total paint or coating failure, you’ve waited too long.
Brewery Painting in Texas: Thinking Outside the Box
This large-scale project required a creative approach, especially because of the height of the structure. To access the highest points, we utilized roof-top swing stages.
Here’s a closer look at the steps we followed, with a special focus on removing mold:
- Pressure washed the surface with a 4,000 PSI pressure washer, using a cyclone tip to remove any chalk, mold, and dirt.
- For mold remediation, we also used Prep 88 during the washing phase.
- We then prepped the north and west side walls with one coat of high-performance primer/sealer. The product we chose offers exceptional adhesion, even in high-humidity environments.
- Next we painted the surfaces with two coats of a color-matched Rustoleum Zinsser Perma White Mold and Mildew Proof Exterior Acrylic Paint.
- We masked and protected all surrounding surfaces.
Safety is always a huge priority, but particularly so during projects like this that involve high-altitude work. In addition to all the necessary protective tools, equipment, and apparel, we also kept a very close eye on the weather.
Take a look at the photos above for an even better sense of the project scope!
Let’s Discuss Your Own Commercial and Industrial Painting Projects
Painters USA is an industry-leading service provider, with decades of proven experience. Contact us today to discuss your own project needs and goals!