We have talked in the past about our capability to take on any commercial or industrial painting project you might have in mind, large or small. Recently we had the opportunity to complete a huge industrial painting job in MI that really exemplifies our ability to work through the logistics of a large-scale, ongoing project.
Concrete Repair and Painting
We met a client over a year ago who needed 92 grain silos painted at a river barge loading terminal. And, these silos were far from small. In fact, they each stood at 135 feet tall. Obviously a job of this scale required special planning and strategy.
We began by mobilizing a team of twenty PUSA employees, moving them to their remote job site, and then made arrangements for multiple lifts & swing stages to be delivered and rigged. From that point, we completed the following steps:
- We masked and tarped, allowing for a faster and more precise painting time while containing any overspray
- We then used a 6000 PSI power washer to clean the surfaces before painting
- Repaired the cracks and spalls in the concrete silos
- We used a power tool to remove any and all extra debris that would get in the way of the fresh paint’s adherence, as well as that of the patching compound
- For the repair of spalling concrete we used a Carboline patching compound that works well in exterior situations. For the crack repair we used a Stampede crack filler we like working with
- After we repaired and painted the silos, we applied 40-foot logos on their sides for the company that hired us
This particular job took over 7000 man hours to complete, but we are proud to say that even with weather delays we still finished on schedule.
Do You Need An Industrial Painting Service?
If you need industrial or commercial painting help, we hope you might call us at Painters USA. We would love to provide you with any information you may need, and to help in any way we can!