Painters USA Owner and President Meg Cook is part of a distinguished group of female leaders recognized by Crain's Chicago Business as the 2021 Notable Women in Construction and Design.
This annual award recognizes accomplished women in the fields of construction, architecture, and commercial / industrial interior design. In order to be considered, nominees must be:
- Based in the greater Chicago area
- A female executive in a senior level role.
- Working within a construction, architecture, engineering or commercial design firm for at least ten years, with annual revenue requirements and significant projects during the most recent 18 months.
- Using their skills to advance their organization and their professional field of expertise.
- Working to advance women in construction through activities like mentoring, professional organizations, and civic work.
“I am honored to be recognized by Crain’s as a female leader in construction in the Chicago area. When Painters USA was founded, few women were in the field. I’m proud to be included with so many talented women making inroads in building and design.”
The 65 women being honored in 2021 represent a wide range of roles and businesses, from specialized architectural services to subcontractors like Painters USA to large general contractors.
The 2021 group is special due to the pandemic, when many architecture, design, and construction businesses were forced to adapt and endure Covid 19 restrictions. Meg and her Painters USA leadership team used pandemic restrictions as an opportunity to ramp-up employee training and certification via Zoom classes and to develop new health and safety protocols for working at client job sites.