Have you ever driven to a garage for an oil change, stepped out of your car, and then slipped a little on the floor? The mechanics may be able to keep traction thanks to the tread on their boots (and practice!), but it’s undeniably slick.
In any environment, but especially those that are commercial or industrial, flooring tends to bear the brunt of the wear and tear. On top of that, drips, spills, and leaks can quickly make the surface hazardous.
That’s why it’s important, for the safety of your crew and clients, to occasionally invest in thorough floor care and resurfacing. As a case in point, take a look at the project below!
Industrial Cleaning and Floor Care
Our project environment was the service area of a car dealership in Rockford. Remember the example above? Well, this had played out in real life here, creating a flooring environment that seemed more conducive to ice skates than sneakers.
- Industrial degreasing - A heavy-duty problem called for a heavy-duty solution. Our degreasers worked to break down the accumulation of grime, spills, and dribbles.
- Concrete grinding - Having worked our way down to actual concrete, we then ground the surface to open the floor’s pores (believe it or not, concrete is a porous material!). Our goal in doing this was to make it receptive to the epoxy coating to come.
- Adding aggregate - For a little extra non-slip power, we added a specialized aggregate to the epoxy mixture.
- Topcoat - The icing on this epoxy cake was a clear coat that added just another layer of protection.
- Because this is a busy work environment, we worked during off-hours with multiple crews to ensure that we didn’t disturb the service area staff.
The result, as you can see from the photos, is an attractive, rugged finish. And, of course, it’s much safer!
Do You Need an Industrial Flooring Professional?
The team here at Painters USA is ready to help! It would be a pleasure to offer you any number of our industrial and commercial services, helping you to keep your facility attractive, safe, and productive.