Painting Catwalks and Structural Steel in Louisiana
While we are sometimes contacted directly by industrial property owners and managers, we also often work with maintenance management companies. And, we have had the particular pleasure of partnering on numerous occasions with one of the largest industrial maintenance firms in the world.
Being called upon again and again is an honor, especially by such a massive corporation, and one that employs an extremely strict vetting process. Our Painters USA team has the experience needed to navigate the necessary paperwork and safety requirements.
For this particular project, we were called to Louisiana to paint badly rusted structures at a multinational consumer goods company.
Let’s take a closer look!
Painting Corroded Silos, Railings, and Ladders
Every industrial or commercial painting project we take on begins with the proper containment and prep techniques. In this case, we tarped off the perimeter of our work area in order to catch any loose paint and debris. This also included installing screens over nearby drainage points to ensure that no particles found their way through.
- First, we water-blasted the silo and surrounding structure with our 6000 PSI power washer
- To completely dislodge any leftover loose rust, we hand tooled the more stubborn areas
- Primed the silos with two coats of epoxy mastic
- Applied our topcoats of urethane mastic (with attractive, matching colors)
- We painted the railings inside the tower with safety yellow as well
As a final step, we cleaned up all of the debris, bagged it, and made sure it was properly disposed of.
Let’s Discuss Your Industrial Painting Needs!
Your Painters USA team is ready to help, providing diverse expertise and nationwide service. Contact us today!