Painting Tanks for the Illinois Agricultural Industry
As we’ve shared before, one of the greatest benefits we offer as a company is our large-scale painting capabilities. We have a big team and a nationwide reach, allowing us to send multiple crews to your jobsite simultaneously. This not only finishes your job as quickly as possible, but since our team trains and works together day in and day out, we know how to coordinate, communicate, and work as efficiently and safely as possible.
We recently were asked to paint 16 tanks, connective piping, and the bridge that connects 4 of the tanks for an agricultural supply cooperative in Illinois. This central storage hub plays a crucial role for surrounding farms, making it especially imperative that we protect their commodities.
The Painters USA team was happy to help!
Large-Scale Tank Painting for the AG Industry
Our process included:
- Setting ground containment to catch all paint flakes/debris
- We then power washed the tank with 3,000 and 6,000 PSI units, removing the initial dirt, surface corrosion, debris, and loose remnants of past coatings
- Hand tooled any remaining flaking paint and rust
- Next, we fully primed the surfaces with Carboline 893 primer
- For the finish coat, we used 1 coat of Carbothane 134 HG at 2-3 mils DFT
Their timing is perfect! Fall is just about here, and that means we’ll be stepping into our busy fall/winter season. Plus, ensuring healthy surfaces before wetter weather strikes is always wise.
Let’s Discuss Your Tank Painting and Coating Needs Before Winter
The time is now, and we’re ready to assist. Contact us today to get started, building your maintenance strategy before winter takes its toll.