Pedestrian Walkways and Line Striping at a Manufacturing Plant in Illinois
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated December 06, 2022
Organization and safety are at the heart of Six Sigma (6S) compliance: “a place for everything, and everything in its place.”
This benefits your facility in numerous ways, but we know that achieving that compliance and certification requires focused diligence. And, it also requires aligning yourself with a painting and flooring professional who understands both your immediate needs and your ultimate goals.
In the case of this Illinois automotive glass manufacturer, we were contacted and asked to assist with their lean manufacturing transformation. Specifically, their tired, worn, nearly nonexistent walkways and flooring designations needed substantial improvement.
Restoring Walkways and Line Striping
Whether you believe in “lucky” green or not, there’s no denying that the bright colors chosen for this floor add clarity, character, and a bit of wow factor to the space.
The steps that took us through this radical transformation included the following:
- First, we used our state-of-the-art diamond grinder to remove existing epoxy and open up the pores of the concrete. This allowed the high-build epoxy to adhere in the most durable, permanent fashion possible.
- Next, we patched all holes, cracks, and spalls under the new walkway.
- We then primed the walkway with a penetrating epoxy primer.
- 1 coat of High Build 100% Solids Polyaspartic Epoxy was applied to the walkways (in lucky green!).
- We applied 2 coats of Fast Dry on all stripes and cross hatch lines- yellow and white.
- We applied a layer of clear coat over the walkway: clear High Build Urethane.
- Finally, we added a broadcast of anti-slip aggregate for extra traction and safety.
These new walkways and line striping designations are tough, practical, and low-maintenance - perfect for a busy facility like this one!
How Can We Help with Your Industrial and Commercial Flooring Needs?
We are here to serve you! Contact our teams at Painters USA and Redimere Surface Solutions for all of your painting and flooring needs.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.