While we love connecting with new clients, there is something particularly satisfying about a client being so happy with our performance that they call us back for another job.
This just happened recently. Last year one of the nation’s leading shingle manufacturers contracted us to complete a small project for them. They were so impressed by our focus on communication, safety, and speed that they called us back to their Texas facility. This time the scale of the project was much larger.
The work involved rust removal and industrial painting for their silos, and also refreshing a major branding opportunity on the headhouse.
Rust Removal and Industrial Silo Painting
What exactly did our process look like as we transformed these twelve silos?
- We pressure-washed the surface with our 6000 PSI industrial unit
- Mechanically tool-cleaned the rusted portions
- Any sections that we were not able to mechanically prep were sandblasted to be in accordance with SSPC-SP3 specs
- Spot-primed with Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy 920 Pre-Prime
- Applied one coat of SW Macropoxy 646 100% Solids Epoxy
- One coat of SW Hi-Solids Polyurethane, Gloss-White
- We provided daily proof of coating thickness (see the slideshow above)
As a final touch, we also were contracted to label the chutes at the top of each silo. We did this using a low-tack stencil and SW High-Solids Polyurethane.
Improved Branding for the Headhouse
After thorough prep, rust removal, and painting all four sides, we added an unmistakable GAF logo to the corrugated metal headhouse. Able to be seen at a great distance, it not only looks fantastic but reinforces identity and branding as well.
For the lettering, we used a low-tack stencil and two coats of Sherwin-Williams High-Solids Polyurethane, similar to the process we implemented on the chute labels (just on a much larger scale!).
Let’s Talk Industrial Painting!
The Painters USA team is here to serve you and answer your questions. If it’s time to discuss your own maintenance painting strategy, branding, or flooring concern, we encourage you to give us a call!