Silo Painting and Cleaning Services in Wisconsin
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated December 06, 2022
There are three words you don’t often hear this time of year in the same sentence: exterior, painting, and Wisconsin.
After all, cold weather and outdoor painting rarely go hand-in-hand. It’s a task that’s not for the faint of heart, inexperienced, or under-dressed.
Here at Painters USA, we are none of the above.
Thanks to our vendor’s support and a little ingenuity, we were able to accommodate our Wisconsin client’s critical silo painting need. And, thanks to our confined space certification, we were able to clean the inside as well, deep into those hard-to-reach places.
Let’s take a closer look.
Interior Cleaning and Prep
As you might imagine, cleaning the inside of a massive silo is no easy task. Here at Painters USA, we have accumulated decades’ worth of experience, and have our process down to a science:
- First, we set up a safety tripod and bosun chair inside the silo
- Next, we set up heaters below the cone
- We then covered the floor to catch any and all falling material from cleaning
- Next, we ice-blasted the inside of the silo to clean and remove all debris from the walls
- Finally, we cleaned the silo’s base
Painting the Exterior of a Silo - This Is What It Looks Like!
Our process included the following steps:
- Because containment is key, we began by covering the ground to catch any media created during the blasting and painting process
- Once we were sure that the containment was in place, we sandblasted to bare metal (per SSPC Standards)
- We then paused to clean up any/all paint chips and media
- We primed with Sherwin-Williams’ Duraplate 235, per manufacturer's specifications (we worked carefully to ensure adhesion despite the cold temps!)
- We topped it off with a finish coat of Sherwin-Williams’ Corothane HS Polyurethane, per manufacturer’s specifications
- Finally, we cleaned up our containment system, leaving no sign that we had been there other than the beautiful, well-protected surfaces
Let’s Discuss Your Industrial Painting Needs
We offer solution-based expertise born out of years and years of experience and training. Wherever you’re located and regardless of what your industrial painting need might include, we know we can help. Contact us today to get started!
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.