You might be able to call this project Extreme Makeover: Warehouse Edition.
This facility really was (past tense is important here) a prime example of why we always advocate for regular cleaning and maintenance. Small, consistent steps help you to avoid the need for larger-scale work, and even can save you from costly repairs. How? Well, leaks and property damage that are buried under dirt, debris, and ancient coatings are harder to nip in the bud. By the time you discover them the issue is more than likely much larger.
Our mission was to erase 15 years of neglect, bringing this warehouse back to a bright and serviceable condition. We were happy to help!
How Do You Clean and Paint a Warehouse Ceiling?
The name of the game here is first to remove dirt and dust, all while containing the mess, and then apply that beautiful new paint. Our steps included the following:
- We covered the floors and equipment.
- We then brushed, vacuumed, and blew the thick blanket of dust off the ceiling. This was also the first stage of removing the loose previous coating.
- Sprinkler heads were covered with aluminum foil.
- We painted the ceiling in multiple sections, and our product of choice was Valspar’s Industrial Semi-Gloss.
Transforming the Walls - Cleaning and Painting
- We began by washing the walls with a degreaser, followed by a low-pressure rinse.
- Now that we could work with a clean surface, we painted with Corotech’s Pre-Catalyzed Waterborne Epoxy in a semi-gloss finish.
- We also washed their overhead doors by hand, then applied two coats of a heavy-duty industrial enamel with a gloss finish.
This work was completed during weekend hours so that there was no interruption to our client’s flow of operations or schedule. We’re happy to accommodate!
What Do You Think of How the Warehouse Looks Now?
Transformations are always fun to see, and especially so when they portray such a drastic change. It was genuinely our pleasure to bring this facility back to life with fresh, clean, high-quality coatings.
If you have any questions about your industrial property, why not give us a call today?