Inhibit corrosion and protect mine structures.
Painters USA has the credentials you need for safe, experienced industrial cleaning and coating of metal and concrete surfaces.
Trifecta of corrosive forces in mining industry
Mine and shutdowns can and do occur in as a result of various sources of corrosion:
- Mechanical pressure from drilling, crushing, milling, and loading.
- Environmental factors like high temperatures and relative humidity.
- Chemicals and corrosive composition of mine water.
Left unchecked, corrosion leads to costly repairs or replacement, lost production time, safety hazards, and structural degradation.
Prepping and painting metal structure at mine
Coating services to prevent and inhibit corrosion
By creating a barrier that isolates the underlying metal, specialized industrial coatings are a relatively fast, cost-effective way to inhibit and prevent many forms of corrosion. Painters USA has certified coating inspectors trained to recognize and identify the primary forms of corrosion, assess the potential risks, and help you determine the best solution to fix the problem.
- Uniform or general corrosion
- Pitting corrosion
- Crevice corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion
- Erosion corrosion
- Intergranular corrosion
- Environmentally assisted cracking and fatigue
It's vitally important to properly choose and apply the right coatings, as the wrong coating technology and/or working with inexperienced contractors could actually contribute to future corrosion.
Painters USA uses specialized industrial coatings that are engineered and proven to withstand the physical, chemical, and environmental abuse of mining facilities. They meet the needs for an optimal finish with strong protective qualities, and they are properly applied by well-trained crews to meet coating manufacturer specifications, which is crucial for warranty coverage.
Of the places where you might be able to cut corners, structures used in mining operations are not one of them.
Services to protect all mining structures and surfaces
- Pipework and ductwork.
- Storage tanks.
- Catwalks, bridges, and stairs.
- Conveyor systems for material handling.
- Concrete flooring and slabs.
- Equipment and machinery.
Painters USA services for mining industry
Our NACE certified coatings inspectors utilize sandblasting to achieve the proper profile on the substrate, maximizing coating adhesion.
Having clean machinery let’s you see where any fluid leaks are coming from possibly saving you costly downtime.
Keeping your facility free of combustible dust helps to mitigate fire, health, & safety hazards.
From small pedestrian bridges to large locomotive trestles, we have the manpower & skill to protect any structure.
Your multi-million dollar investments can be protected with our proven rust control systems.
Protect storage tanks, silos, and bins from the elements and safeguard normal operations with proper maintenance and coating services.
MSHA training and awareness
Painters USA trains our supervisors and crews to comply with MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) regulations to ensure they perform work at mining and refining sites without safety incidents and create safer working environments for mine and refinery workers.
Value of contractor credentials in mining industry
Mine owners and operators can reduce potentially risky consequences by choosing a reputable, skilled industrial coatings contractor like Painters USA.
- Knowledge of coating technologies that inhibit and prevent corrosion on any surface, validated by certified coatings expertise from AMPP (formerly NACE).
- Decades of mining and other heavy industry experience.
- Commitment to safety backed by industry-leading TRIR and EMR ratings.
- Commitment to MSHA standards, including respirator fit training, confined space training, and other safety certifications.
- Large crews with experience working and operating equipment in a variety of industrial situations, including tight spaces and extreme heights.
In addition, we pride ourselves on our communication and project management skills to reduce downtime and safely return your mining facilities to full service as soon as possible.
Remember Painters USA for all corrective and preventive maintenance needs in your mining facilities.
Ready to get an estimate?
Submit your request online for a response within one business day or call us at 800-999-8715. (M-F, 8am-5pm CT)