Wondering why that texture kit landed on your desk?
It shows options for enhancing the safety, performance, and aesthetics of facility floors, and we think it’s worth your time.
A treat for you and treatment for your floors
Take a minute (while enjoying the candy) to consider the importance of facility flooring to your business:
- Workplace safety, because slips, trips, and falls are time-consuming hassles at best and the cause of dangerous, costly incidents at worst.
- Durability and performance, because industrial / commercial floors take nonstop abuse and flooring maintenance is highly disruptive to operations.
- Enhanced aesthetics, because floors in poor visual condition send the wrong message to inspectors, VIPs, and employees.
About the texture kit
What's in the box?
A rigid bar you can fit in your hand to see and feel six levels (low to high) of textured coating options. We've added some candy and a safety-cone business card holder as a little treat and thanks for your time.
What is its purpose?
To give you an idea of performance coating options from Sherwin-Williams, the largest coating manufacturer in the world. The texture bar may be the easiest decision-support tool you'll ever use to assess options for improving floor safety and performance. And it's easily shared with safety managers and other decision makers.
What do I do with it?
- Place the business-card holder on your desk and take the bar into your facility as you enjoy the candy. 😊
- Consider which grit might be the best option for your safety and performance needs.
- Schedule a no-obligation review with a Painters USA floor coating expert to help you prepare for your next audit or inspection. (They'll even bring more candy for your team.)
Reducing three of the ten most common causes of workplace injuries
Slips, trips and falls are a safety hazard and a common cause of workplace injuries, to the tune of over $19 billion per year:
- Falls on the same level ($10.58 billion)
- Falls to lower level ($6.26 billion)
- Slip or trip without fall ($2.52 billion)
(Source: Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index 2021)
How textured floor coatings reduce falling hazards
Textured floor coatings minimize slipping and tripping hazards by increasing the dynamic coefficient of friction or DCOF, which is the measurement of a surface’s slip resistance during motion. It's a proven way to minimize slipping and tripping incidents.
How textured floor coatings enhance performance and appearance
- These textured coatings are waterproof and capable of withstanding significant amounts of abuse like heavy weight, high foot and forklift traffic, abrasion, and more.
- Textured floor coatings enhance appearance by disguising minor flaws and imperfections in the flooring substrate, and they can even be customized for color, sheen, and pattern.
Textured Floor Coating Examples
Painters USA textured floor coating expertise
Painters USA has been enhancing the safety, structural integrity, and performance of industrial and commercial concrete floors for decades. Our NACE-certified (now AMPP) experts are familiar with the latest floor coating technologies and we are an authorized installer of floor coatings from leading manufacturers like Sherwin-Williams.
We will help you assess and select the best coating systems for your operating environment based on traffic volume and normal use patterns, cleaning processes, temperature fluctuations, moisture, chemicals, compliance needs, and more.
Other benefits of working with Painters USA
- We meet deadlines and do all we can to minimize disruptions.
- We own, maintain, and lease state-of-the-art equipment as needed.
- Ability to service multiple site locations across most of the lower 48 states.
- WBENC-certified to support supplier diversity goals.
Additional flooring services from Painters USA
- Antimicrobial flooring
- Epoxy flooring
- ESD flooring
- Concrete polishing
- Urethane cement flooring
- Line striping and markings
Final thought: $1 billion per week
That’s how much the Top 10 causes of workplace injuries cost U.S. businesses every week in medical and lost-work expenses based on employees missing work for more than five days. (Source: Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index 2021)
That alone should be enough for you to consider a textured floor coating system in your facility. Add in the benefits of performance and aesthetics, and you have a trifecta of commercial / industrial flooring excellence.
Ready to explore the benefits of textured floor coatings?
To get started, scroll back up and submit the above form. If you prefer, call 800-999-8715 or email.