Table of Contents
Commercial and industrial ceilings have come a long way since Painters USA started cleaning and painting them in 1976. For starters, they’re getting higher. According to the Commercial Real Estate Development Association:
The average warehouse ceiling used to be 25 feet; today’s warehouses typically have ceilings that are 32 feet high and sometimes 40 feet in “mega” distribution centers.
It takes a higher level of skills, equipment knowledge, and experience to safely and efficiently work at these heights, including training and certification in aerial lift and MEWP operations. Painters USA is a commercial / industrial painting contractor with those credentials, including regional and nationwide coverage.
Is it time to paint your ceilings?
Commercial and industrial ceilings do more than keep the walls up. Companies contact us about ceiling cleaning and painting for a number of reasons:
- Prior paints and coatings are failing and peeling.
- The space is old and outdated, in need of a refresh and modernization.
- Routine ceiling cleaning and maintenance.
- New construction or major renovation project.
- Create more pleasant and healthy space for employees / customers.
- Lighten and brighten ceilings to reduce energy costs and improve safety.
Tell us your goals and requirements for functionality, durability, and aesthetics, and Painters USA will help you meet them.
Three C's of commercial ceiling painting
- Cleaning: Every ceiling painting project begins with ceiling cleaning. Depending on the use and condition of your facility, we may recommend a thorough industrial cleaning method likepower washingor abrasive blasting.
- Coating: Our NACE-certified coatings inspectors ensure proper surface prep, selection of the best paint and coating products for your needs, and proper application to ensure a durable, long-lasting result.
- Certification: Our crews have the necessary equipment, training, and certification to complete every project safely and efficiently, including aerial lift operations, to return you to service as soon as possible.
Light ceilings for enhanced illumination
Making commercial and industrial space lighter and brighter has set a new standard in ceiling painting. Light meter measurements show that illumination increases by three to five times after ceiling painting. The results are visibly obvious to the human eye and greatly appreciated by workers, customers, facility inspectors, and anyone else that passes through your facilities.
Variety of ceiling types and materials
With so many commercial and industrial facilities and different business models, we find a wide range of ceiling types and materials in client facilities:
- Exposed ceilings which leave bar joists, piping, and other elements open and exposed are common in warehouses and distribution centers. When cleaning or painting them, we must consider the many edges, corners, peaks, and valleys they have. In addition, bar joists often have conduit and sprinkler lines running across them, which must be protected during any cleaning and coating project.
- Drop ceilings and ceiling tiles made from various lightweight materials are often found in commercial space where aesthetics and acoustics are important considerations.
- Drywall ceilings in business space like offices, which can be textured or painted.
- Interstitial ceilings, commonly found in labs or hospitals, and suspended ceilings allow space for mechanical functions like HVAC and wiring.
- Acoustical ceilings are made of fibrous materials that absorb sound; they are common in facilities where noise can be a problem or sound quality matters, like auditoriums.
Depending on your ceiling type and materials, coating systems vary. When painting is involved, Painters USA typically uses dryfall products, which allow overspray particles to dry before they hit the ground.
Structural steel and other metals take additional care and consideration. For example, a galvanized finish requires a non-alkyd paint since alkyd resins react with the zinc used in galvanization and cause the paint to flake.
And don’t forget to ask us about:
- Abrasive blasting methods and materials for cleaning and prepping ceilings and other surfaces, whether in sensitive space like labs or heavy-duty plants.
Our crews are OSHA 10 / 30 card-carrying safety professionals
Not many commercial / industrial painting contractors can match Painters USA when it comes to workplace safety. We help our clients safeguard their workplace and comply with OSHA regulations. Our crew supervisors complete OSHA 30 training, which is 30 hours of instruction on preventing and avoiding safety and health hazards. Team members are hired with an OSHA 10 card or receive 10 hours of workplace safety instruction—an OSHA recommendation and a requirement in some states for public worksites.
Protecting everything below the ceiling
Painters USA has cleaned and painted commercial / industrial ceilings under every possible conditions and circumstances:
- Occupied facilities that require us to carefully section off specific ceiling sections to enclose the area while we’re working. In this case, we spend as much, if not more time, on preparation and cleanup as the actual painting itself.
- New construction or major renovation that requires excellent time management skills, planning of equipment and crews, and coordination with other trades.
- Vacant and empty facilities with no people, equipment, or stored product and materials to deal with, yet still require neatness and safety.
You can count on Painters USA to handle the highest ceilings and most challenging projects, safely and efficiently. Our work plans, processes, and decades of experience across a wide range of ceiling projects ensure we will complete the project on time and on budget.
Other painting services
Single supplier service for multiple sites
One contract, one relationship, and single point of contact, plus consistent outcomes and processes. Painters USA is proud to be a commercial and industrial painting contractor for large companies with multiple sites. We’ve worked hard to gain the experience, credentials, and resources to offer the convenience of national account support.
As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, Painters USA delivers benefits like tax incentives, new procurement channels, expanded views and perspectives to spur innovation, and a means of demonstrating your commitment to diverse markets. Plus the rigorous certification and annual recertification process is another validation of our financial strength and sustainability.