Table of Contents
Commercial property owners and managers rely on Painters USA for expert advice and quality workmanship at a competitive price. Painters USA hasn't succeeded and expanded by cutting corners or breaking promises. Ever since we were founded in 1976, we have prided ourselves on integrity and commitment to every commercial painting project and client.
Commercial painting markets
We view commercial painting as painting done for a business or other legal entity, such as a school district. The contracting process generally begins with a request for an estimate or proposal for a well-defined project scope, and selection that involves competitive bidding and decision makers from across the organization, like operations, maintenance, procurement, and finance.
Commercial buildings include stores, hotels, warehouses, offices, restaurants, condominium associations, clinics and hospitals, churches and places of worship, and many more. Surfaces may include interior and exterior walls, ceilings and roofs, floors, equipment, pipes—from drywall to concrete, we have painted every possible commercial building material and surface.
Commercial painting process
While commercial painting projects can be incredibly varied, the process is generally the same, and can be condensed into a few steps:
- Full understanding of needs, operational goals, and environmental conditions. We do an onsite inspection before pursuing any project and ask questions, as assumptions can be dangerous. With eyes trained to spot potential obstacles, we assess all particulars.
- Assessment of the right products and most efficient processes for the job, considering constraints like budget or downtime limitations.
- Proper surface preparation for durability and longevity. Issues like blistering, bubbling, adhesion failure, and cissing (when freshly applied paint recedes from the surface, leaving small craters or bare spots) can be avoided with good preparation.
- Professional painting and coating work performed by skilled crews employed by Painters USA. We maintain a safe, neat job site for the duration of the project, and if work must be done during normal operations, we strive to be as unobtrusive as possible.
- Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance, so we conduct a thorough walkthrough, address any issues or concerns, and remain available for customer support long after we leave the facility.
Professional commercial painters like Painters USA do much more than apply a coat of paint:
- We offer recommendations and services based on our clients’ business and financial goals, how the facility is used, environmental factors, regulatory compliance, and other concerns and objectives.
- We bring experience and knowledge of surface cleaning and preparation, coating products and technology, applicable regulations from agencies like FDA or OSHA, and more.
- As a national commercial painting contractor, we deliver consistent results to multiple locations and offer single vendor convenience and accountability.
- We can set up a maintenance plan to fit your scheduling needs and protect your commercial building assets and investments.
- We are WBENC-certified as a woman owned business for supplier diversity goals.
Besides interior and exterior painting, our commercial services division offers a wide variety of skills to enhance, protect, and increase the market value of your property. Because of the risks and potential liability involved with commercial facilities, Painters USA carries all required licensing and insurance obligations.
Working out of multiple offices in Texas and Illinois, Painters USA is large enough to keep projects on schedule by sending more people to a jobsite in the event of a delay due to weather or another trade falling behind. That kind of flexibility goes a long way toward client satisfaction and sets us apart from smaller outfits. Our crews are comprised of Painters USA employees who are vetted, trained, and certified to complete any size project safely and to your specifications. From scheduling an estimate to the final walk thru to centralized billing, we strive to give our commercial clients a hassle-free experience, while still delivering the highest quality results.
Frequently asked questions about commercial painting
What is the difference between commercial and industrial painting?
Commercial painting tends to prioritize aesthetics while industrial painting is more about function. Both fulfill the needs of companies or entities like municipalities to maintain their built structures and provide a safe, pleasant environment for employees, customers, and any other people that use their facilities. Both commercial and industrial structures are subject to wear and tear from regular use and destructive forces like moisture and extreme heat, but industrial structures must withstand the heavy duty processes of industries like mining and agriculture. Proper surface preparation and using the right products matter in both forms, but they take on an added level of importance in industrial settings.
Do commercial painting contractors work during regular business hours?
Professional, reputable contractors are very attentive to commercial client needs. Depending on the size and scope of the project, commercial painting can be very disruptive and also impose safety hazards. That's why Painters USA works around your scheduling needs, including overnight, on weekends, even during holidays. In commercial settings like hotels or stores that are open 24x7, customers and employees are ever present and closing down is not usually an option. In those situations, we strive to be as discreet and inconspicuous as possible, doing whatever we can to ensure normal, uninterrupted business operations and protect the safety of all people present in the area.
What should I look for in a commercial painting contractor?
A number of factors should be considered to ensure you find a reputable company for your commercial painting needs:
- Experience working on surfaces, structures, and climates that are similar to yours and preferably the same industry, especially those with unique requirements like food processing or pharmaceutical labs.
- Crews that are vetted (drug screening and background checks), trained, and experienced, with no sub-contractors, except under unusual circumstances.
- Financial strength and business sustainability, especially for complex or multi-site projects and ongoing maintenance.
- Comprehensive safety protocols and quality checklists followed in every job.
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction, demonstrated through practices like warranties and site inspections.
- Trustworthiness and ease of doing business.
Can I use a residential painter for an easy commercial project like basic office space?
Even an "easy" commercial project is more complex than it seems. Commercial painting requires commercial experience, safety considerations, liability protection, knowledge of paints and coatings, and specialized equipment and processes that residential painters are unable to provide. Whether you own or lease the building, there are many risks and consequences involved in any commercial environment. So sure, it's possible a residential painter could do the job—it's possible your brother-in-law could do it—but it doesn't make good business sense and could even result in a devastating outcome that is not worth the risk.
If you want a quality painting contractor to take stressful commercial painting projects off your plate, give Painters USA a call. We are happy to answer any questions and provide an estimate for your project.