Keeping the highest rafters and reaches dust-free.
Protect workers, products, and equipment with safe and professional dust cleaning services from Painters USA.
Dust and fine particulates find their way into every crack, crevice, nook, and cranny in commercial and industrial facilities. That’s when Painters USA comes in with specialized dust-busting services to rid your facility of harmful and unhealthy dust. Whether it's part of routine facility maintenance or preparing for a painting or coating project, we thoroughly clean all affected surfaces.
Sources of commercial / industrial dust
Many factors contribute to dust particles, including the operational environment, building size and construction, exposure to the outdoors, and more. Typical sources of commercial / industrial dust include:
- Soot from forklifts, trucks, and other exhaust sources.
- Biological particles like pollen and mold spores.
- Dust from wood pallets or grains and other commodities.
- Detritus from bugs and pests.
In addition to these and other sources of dust and debris, we find culprits like irregular maintenance schedules and lack of employee training or adherence to standards for keeping workplaces clean.
Hazards of commercial / industrial dust accumulation
Dust is more than unsightly; it creates an unhealthy workplace for your employees and contaminates machinery, stored product, work in progress, and other valuables.
- Dust is insidious. Dust accumulates slowly and persistently in places with limited activity or human touch. High warehouse ceilings rapidly gather dust and debris, where it remains out-of-sight and out-of-mind until it begins raining down.
- Dust is harmful to equipment, work in progress, commodities, and of course people. Dust that settles on greasy machinery or highly sensitive instruments can be particularly troublesome and costly if operations are impaired.
- Dust can be combustible. Fine, airborne particles created in some processes and environments can create explosion hazards. Facilities at risk for combustible dust include grain elevators, metal fabricators, coal-fired power plants, chemical manufacturers, woodworking facilities, recycling facilities and food processing plants.
Wherever the dust settles, Painters USA will clean it up
- Walls, floors, and racking
- Ventilation systems
- False ceilings
- Conveyors and other equipment
- Support beams
- Ceiling decks
- Confined space or hard-to-reach places of any kind
Specialized techniques of commercial / industrial dust cleaning
Dust cleaning may seem like an easy, mundane task that anyone could do, but when it comes to commercial and industrial facilities, that's not the case. High ceilings and inaccessible places pose safety hazards that can cause serious worker injuries. Without specialized cleaning materials and equipment, the dust simply gets spread around and moved elsewhere. Painters USA dust cleaning crews have the training, experience, and materials to tackle any project and take great care to contain and properly dispose of the piles of dust and debris often collected.
Whether cleaning grain facilities or modern warehouses, Painters USA employs the most appropriate dust-cleaning techniques for safety and quality results:
- High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuuming.
- Spark-proof / explosion-proof vacuums for combustible dust cleaning, along with proper combustible waste disposal.
- OSHA-compliant confined space cleaning services to work safely and efficiently in bins, tanks, silos or any other confined space.
- Blow downs with high pressure air.
- Hand cleaning of any surface, depending on surroundings, with microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Plastic covering to protect floors and all facility contents in the project area.
- Workers trained and equipped for fall protection and safe MEWP (aerial lift) operation.
In addition, we can do wash downs with hot or cold water. For heavier cleaning needs, remember Painters USA for safe, skilled pressure or power washing services and abrasive blasting methods of all kinds.
Importance of routine dust cleaning
Dust happens in all commercial and industrial facilities in a never-ending cycle. Dust suppression systems are available, but they are expensive and overkill for some settings, ineffective for others. What every facility or plant maintenance manager can do is sign up for one of Painters USA's preventative maintenance cleaning programs. Our trained specialists can come in on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis and thoroughly clean your facility (including bins and silos) from top to bottom, checking all spaces that attract and hold dust, and collecting and properly disposing of all waste.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.