One of the many floor coating options available from Painters USA is electrostatic dissipative flooring, or ESD flooring for short. Electrostatic discharge is caused when the flow of electricity between two electrically charged objects is suddenly released, causing a spark. Think of when you were a kid and dragged your feet across the carpet and then went to shock your sibling, causing them to scream and you to get in trouble.
ESD flooring applications
- ESD flooring is the perfect solution in sensitive areas where electronics are frequently stored or used to protect your company’s information technology assets. In this digital age, how hard would it be for your business to function if computers and networks went down due to an electric shock?
- Painters USA installs ESD flooring in clean rooms and operating theaters in medical settings, where sparks of any kind can be very dangerous.
- ESD flooring is popular in areas where flammable materials, gases, or vapors are present and an electric charge could trigger an explosion.
The bottom line is ESD flooring is a necessary safety precaution in many industries which reduces the likelihood of any type of harm coming to your employees, facility, equipment, finished goods, or innocent bystanders. Within your facility, Painters USA can outline and designate an electrostatic discharge protected area where electronically sensitive equipment is stored and install an ESD floor.
Also known as conductive flooring
Another term for ESD flooring is conductive flooring. The term ‘conductive’ would suggest the floor coating would allow the electric charge or spark to travel through it – it is actually the exact opposite. Conductive in this case means ‘resistant’ and does not allow the charge to travel through it by dissipating the energy before it has a chance to spark. It may sound confusing and dangerous, which is why experienced commercial flooring contractors like Painters USA are vital partners for ESD floor coating application.
Other industrial flooring services
- Industrial Concrete
- Polished Concrete
- Power Trowel Concrete Polishing
- Epoxy Flooring
- Architectural Concrete Floors
- White Architectural Concrete Flooring
- Installation of Machine Pits and Foundations
- Concrete Removal and Replacement
- Concrete Roof Repair & Coatings
- Efflorescence Control
- Concrete Overlays
- Decorative inlays like logos
- Pervious Concrete