Don’t let thermal shock damage your floors.
Commercial and industrial facilities prone to temperature swings can protect their flooring with help from Painters USA.
All flooring materials expand and contract with temperature changes, but in some commercial and industrial settings, the rate of change is regular and extreme, resulting in something called thermal shock. These settings include:
- Heat generated by commercial ovens in commercial kitchens.
- Facilities that need regular, deep cleaning using very hot water or steam, like food processing plants or pharmaceutical and biotech labs.
- Industrial freezers and cold storage facilities.
Temperature swings are damaging to commercial and industrial floors, causing cracks, bubbling, debonding, delamination, and other forms of deterioration. And deteriorating floors are susceptible to contamination and failure.
If this applies to your business, then you know the importance of thermal shock resistant flooring and finding reputable contractors like Painters USA to get the work done.
Check us in action with our recent flooring project!
How thermal shock resistant materials protect floors
Thermal shock and thermal cycling resistant flooring materials are designed to expand and contract at a similar rate to the underlying concrete slab. This enables them to withstand extreme temperature swings like the cycling of heat-producing equipment and heavy duty cleaning processes.
Flooring that resists the impact of thermal cycling
The best flooring for thermal shock resistance is a polyurethane concrete system (urethane cement), which expands and contracts with temperature swings. A urethane concrete screed with antimicrobial technology, coupled with an epoxy cove base at the junction of the floor and the walls, is the “gold standard” for flooring that is both durable and sanitary. Add anti-slip and antimicrobial protection and you have a highly functional flooring system, one that will hold up well and be easy to maintain. This approach is generally taken in any space that involves food handling or packaging.
Standard epoxy coatings do not perform well under thermal shock conditions. However, flexibilized, high temperature epoxy can be a solution. This durable coating creates a hard yet flexible coating to withstand rapidly changing temperatures.
Painters USA has the product knowledge and industry experience to assess your needs and determine the best floor for your facility. We assess the best resurfacing and coating options for your needs, saving the expenses and delays of repairing or reflooring.
Benefits of thermal resistant flooring
- More durable, long-lasting floors in settings prone to thermal cycling extremes.
- Time and cost savings in floor repair or replacement.
- More sanitary, pleasant workplace for employees.
This seamless transition from floor to up the wall keeps moisture & bacteria from finding a spot to hide & multiply.
Critical in healthcare and food and beverage industries, anti-microbial floor coatings protect facilities from contamination.
Static dissipative flooring can be used in electronics & laboratory settings where sensitive equipment cannot be exposed to a static charge.
Slips, trips and falls are a leading cause of workplace accidents. Make sure your employees are safe with non-slip floor coatings.
Enhance operations, increase brightness, and protect your concrete flooring foundation with this durable, low maintenance option
Maintaining your floor joints is an important step in keeping bacteria & moisture from finding a way beneath your substrate.
Painters USA for all commercial and industrial flooring needs
Along with thermal shock resistance, Painters USA is knowledgeable and experienced with a wide range of commercial and industrial flooring systems and needs:
- Knowledge of many different flooring materials and specialty sealers and coatings.
- Experience along the entire building spectrum, from new construction to neglected facilities.
- Experience in high traffic settings like hotels and stores, as well as sites with controlled use, like manufacturing plants and research labs.
Our decades of experience, growth, and customer satisfaction speak for themselves, plus we deliver these additional benefits to every job we do:
- Commitment to our values, including accountability, integrity and safety.
- Efficient work processes to get our work done on time, with little to no disruption to your workers or your operations.
- National account management for single vendor convenience.
- Coverage from centrally-located offices in Illinois and Texas.
- Certified by WBENC as a woman-owned business.
Ready to get an estimate?
Submit your request online for a response within one business day or call us at 800-999-8715. (M-F, 8am-5pm CT)