Maintaining walk-in coolers / freezers from floor to ceiling
Keep the walk-in coolers and freezers in your facilities as good as new with help from Painters USA. We have the credentials you need, including extensive experience in the food and beverage processing, food service, and prepared food distribution industries. Our NACE (now AMPP) certified coating inspectors recommend the right products and processes for keeping your freezers and coolers in top condition.
Our painting and coating expertise includes walk-in freezers and coolers and other cold and subzero facility applications. Painters USA works on your schedule to give you fast, high-quality results with little-to-no downtime.
- Restoring and updating walk-in coolers / freezers for good-as-new results that can save you the expense and disruption of replacements.
- Inspection-ready compliance for meeting USDA / FDA / local health department requirements, as well as 3rd party supply chain audits.
- Minimal downtime so that your freezer or cooler is out of commission for the shortest time possible.
Walk-in cooler and freezer coating requirements
- Inspection, cleaning, and necessary repairs to prepare all surfaces for proper adhesion and long-lasting results.
- Staging, which may include relocation of contents to other coolers and freezers while we work.
- Working in cold temperatures, without turning off coolers and freezers, to minimize disruptions and downtime.
- Anti-slip coatings on floors and line striping on floors and walls to optimize safety and workflow.
- Air scrubber to clean the air of toxic paint fumes in confined cooler and freezer space.
Whether your walk-in freezer or cooler needs painting on the walls or shelves or a new and improved floor coating, Painters USA has the right solution to help you comply with applicable regulations, pass facility inspections and audits, and maximize the working life and value of your capital investments.
Freezer and cooler painting for commercial and industrial clients
Commercial coating products for cold applications
A number of commercial-industrial products from leading paint and coating manufacturers are available to meet food and drug safety requirements. These products, such as Insl-X FREEZER KOTE, Rust-Oleum Food & Beverage Alkyd Enamel and Primer, and Sherwin Williams HI-Solids Polyurethane and Industrial Enamel, have been formulated to endure below-ambient to sub-freezing temperatures, along with other key traits:
- High-gloss, low VOC, non-yellowing
- Rust inhibiting
- Antimicrobial and mold and mildew prevention
- Ability to withstand heavy washing and cleaning
- Durability to handle foot traffic and moving contents around
The NACE-certified coating experts at Painters USA will identify the best options based on your operating environment, budgets, down-time constraints, and any other criteria.
Walk-in cooler floor coatings
Walk-in freezers and coolers are a common source of food safety violations, and poor flooring conditions are often at the top of the list. Our experience and knowledge in this area can save money and time while protecting your reputation in the long run, which is critical in the food industry.
Painters USA will identify and recommend the proper floor coatings based on your needs, from urethane cements to epoxies.
- Epoxy floor coatings and cove bases for food industry applications.
- Customizations for additional requirements like antimicrobial properties for food and drug safety and slip resistance for worker safety.
- Expansion and control joint filling and maintenance to inhibit the growth of microbes and buildup of dirt and debris.
- Coatings to minimize "frost heave", which occurs when spilled liquids freeze and expand, causing microscopic cracks that can worsen and lead to uneven surfaces.
Even in sub-zero temperatures and with heavy use and cleaning, Painters USA will ensure your floors are always safe and hygienic.