5 sources of floor coating deterioration
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated January 10, 2023
The floor of your industrial facility or commercial venue is one of the most important, but often overlooked, aspects of your business. From heavy machinery driving over it to hundreds of people walking on it to extremely heavy objects sitting on it every day, the quality of your floor can make or break your business.
Most industrial or commercial floors are made out of durable materials like exposed concrete, but can still benefit greatly from protective sealings like epoxy floor paint. Industrial floor coatings can provide great advantages for your business, as they promote a clean, bright and safe working environment that will last for years to come. Additionally, it can be a very smart investment to maintain the protective coating of your floors and avoid costly renovations in the future.
But how do you know if it’s time to update your floor coating? You may have already begun to notice small cracks or signs or wear on your floor, but it can be difficult to know what requires more attention.
5 issues that can signal the need of a floor coating update
- Surface wear can be caused by abrasion of your floor from heavy traffic or from erosion by fluids or chemicals that create cavities or vapor bubbles.
- Crazing cracks are formed by fine particles that penetrate cement and allow water and chemicals to enter your concrete floor. Over time, crazing can even begin to affect the integrity of your concrete structure.
- Salt crystallization can build up in the pores of concrete and can result in significant stress on your floor.
- Poor structure or faulty subgrade results from either incorrectly placed reinforcements or poor jointing and can lead to significant floor deterioration.
- Weather and the environment can also be a major factor in floor breakdown. Freezing temperatures or moisture from frost, rain, or moisture vapor transmission can cause floors to expand, then crack.
If you are looking for an exceptional industrial or commercial painting contractor to take care of your floor coating needs, look no further than Arlington-based Painters USA. We can help you maintain protective coatings to keep your floors looking great for years to come. To get more information about TexPro’s coating process as well as other painting services in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, check out our commercial and industrial floor coatings, or give us a call at (800) 999-9715.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.