Spring offers a valuable opportunity for addressing your exterior painting and maintenance needs. Winter can be harsh, regardless of your climate, and the increased moisture levels (not to mention burden of snow and ice) can, and will, take an inevitable toll.
If your property is made of concrete tilt-up construction, it can be easy to grow lax in your surface inspections. Tilt-up panels are durable and low-maintenance, but they still need routine checks to avoid damage, decay, and loss of efficiency.
Recommended Maintenance for Concrete Tilt-Up Panels
Here’s a quick look at the springtime maintenance we recommend:
- Power Washing - Professional, industrial-grade power washing removes mold, mildew, dirt, and other contaminants that shorten the lifespan of your paint. Mix this kind of routine cleaning into your maintenance strategy and you’ll enjoy lower costs overall, plus the benefit of a fresh exterior aesthetic.
- Painting - As we mentioned above, winter is a tough season. Whether you experience snow and ice or driving seasonal rain, your paint will be put through the wringer. Keeping this first line of defense strong and fresh prevents UV damage, premature surface decay, pest intrusion, moisture damage and intrusion, and more.
- Caulking - The joints between your concrete panels are sealed with an essential caulking application. Over time, this caulk will grow brittle and damaged, opening up the door to moisture, loss of efficiency, further damage, and more. Seasonal checks of the condition of your caulking help prevent unnecessary problems and expense.
You Can Feel Confident Partnering with Painters USA
We have over 40 years of experience serving industrial and commercial clients on a nationwide scale, and would be happy to help you care for your property:
- We have a large, flexible workforce of expertly-trained paint and coating specialists
- We are fully licensed and insured
- We can adapt to your needs and timeline
- We use 10, 20, and 30-year caulks, specifically designed to protect your tilt-up construction
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’ll look forward to connecting with you.