5 Types of Painting and Coating Defects
At PAINTERS USA, we know how important the physical integrity of your commercial or industrial building is to your business. And when you have to deal with defective coatings like adhesion failure, overspray or chalking, it can be frustrating and even detrimental to your work. Because most painting and coating problems are a result of poor quality control on the part of a painting company, it’s vital to know how to identify common issues and their causes so you can avoid working with painters who will cause you more trouble than they’re worth.
Here are a few common failures related to painting and coating and what you should look for to avoid them when hiring a commercial painting contractor.
- Poor Materials: Materials are the first step in making or breaking your painting jobs. A skilled professional knows that faulty or incompatible materials will prevent adhesion and will always come prepared with the right materials for your specific job.
- No Surface Preparation: Surface preparation is one of the most important factors in the coating process. Many factors including chemical pretreatment and a poor substrate surface will prevent adhesion. A quality painting contractor will ensure that your surface is sufficiently cleaned and free of roughness and other harmful deterrents before applying paint.
- Poor Application Procedures: The process for applying paint or coating varies by product, but no matter what you’re using, it’s important to follow directions! Industrial and commercial painting companies like PAINTERS USA are always up-to-date on the most recent application procedures and safety precautions.
- Poor Post-Application Procedures: A skilled painter knows that you can just throw a coat of paint on an interior wall or exterior building and walk away. Post-application processes like drying, curing and overcoating are vital to the integrity of your paint job.
- Unprotected Coating: It may sound redundant, but it’s actually very important to protect your protective coating. To avoid defects, professional painters will know how to keep your new coating from aqueous systems and other harmful elements.
Painting and coating defects can be a major hassle (and a major expense) to your business, but hiring the right commercial painting company can help you avoid those pitfalls. If you want your painting job to be done with professional quality and stay looking great for years to come, give PAINTERS USA a call. Our highly trained contractors will know exactly what you need and how to get it done right - the first time! PAINTERS USA is an Arlington-based industrial and commercial painting company ready to complete all your painting jobs in Dallas, Fort Worth and beyond. Give us a call at (817) 962-0551 for a detailed estimate!