Abrasive blasting for cleaning and surface prep.
Painters USA offers safe, abrasive blasting services for all industrial surface needs and conditions.
Abrasive blasting is suitable for a range of commercial and industrial cleaning and surface preparation needs. In the right hands and using the right materials and methods, it can do everything from stripping away layers of paint or greasy buildup to cleaning sensitive areas like labs or machinery. Blasting can prepare most any surface to meet your specifications and enable maximum coating adhesion.
How and when to use abrasive blasting
- Stripping old and peeling paint and coatings.
- Removing rust and other signs of corrosion.
- Concrete cleaning and surface prepping, including floors, walkways, parking areas, and tilt-up construction walls.
- Degreasing and removing grime, old coatings, and contaminants from industrial machinery and equipment.
- Mold cleaning and remediation.
- Prior to application of industrial paint and other coatings for proper adhesion and optimal performance.
Importance of blasting skill and safety
When it comes to shooting sand and other tiny, abrasive objects at interior or exterior surfaces at a very high velocity, skill and safety cannot be overemphasized. Just think of what something that can strip paint off a wall could do to people, machinery, landscaping, and facility contents.
With over four decades of experience in commercial and industrial painting, Painters USA is a safe, trustworthy provider of sandblasting and other abrasive cleaning and surface treatment services.
- Deep understanding of blasting media and the different properties for hardness, sharpness, and abrasiveness to choose the right option for every project.
- Safe and skilled use of well-maintained blasting equipment—machinery that is poorly maintained can be messy and destructive, especially in less capable hands.
- NACE-certified coatings inspectors with extensive training in proper surface preparation, a major component of certification.
Today, Painters USA has a wide range of blasting media to choose from, depending on the scope of your project, financial considerations, and other criteria. We can smooth a rough surface, rough up surfaces that are too smooth for proper coating adhesion, and even reshape some surfaces.
One of the many ways Painters USA can mitigate some of the hazards of abrasive blasting is through vapor-assisted blasting, which offers some important benefits over old-school sandblasting:
- Uses 10% of the blasting media
- Faster cleanup since containment is easier and there is less residual waste
No matter what blasting method or materials are needed for your cleaning / surface prep specifications, when you hire Painters USA, only experienced, well-trained crews will do the work. We meet any priority, from safety to environmental protection to meeting tight timelines and budgets.
Abrasive blasting safety and efficiency
Abrasive blasting and sandblasting should always be done by skilled crews and companies like Painters USA. We have the necessary equipment, insurance, and experience needed to get the job done safely and effectively, with minimal downtime and fast return to service. Whatever your industrial cleaning and surface preparation requirements entail, we recommend and complete the work on time and on budget.
As a company, we take every precaution to protect the safety of our crews, as well as the safety of your people and your capital assets. Our workers are covered from head to toe in personal protective equipment, and no blasting begins until the surrounding areas are covered or shielded. Blasting can be scheduled when nobody else is in the facility, including overnight, weekends, and scheduled downtime.
No trace left behind
Painters USA is diligent about keeping a safe, orderly job site for the duration of every project we do. That includes projects that involve abrasive blasting. It’s ironic that this industrial cleaning method can be very messy and leave lingering residue of all kinds. We will never leave your facility without proper clean-up and safe removal of all residual waste, in compliance with applicable regulations and environmental concerns.
Keeping your facility free of combustible dust helps to mitigate fire, health, & safety hazards.
Having clean machinery let’s you see where any fluid leaks are coming from possibly saving you costly downtime.
Removing graffiti requires expert knowledge of substrates and paint types, so it's best removed by a commercial/industrial painting contractor.
Your multi-million dollar investments can be protected with our proven rust control systems.
Ready to get an estimate?
Submit your request online for a response within one business day or call us at 800-999-8715. (M-F, 8am-5pm CT)