Cold storage and precise, temp-controlled facilities are mission-critical in the food industry and others with products that will perish or degrade in hot, humid conditions.
To keep your cold storage facility ceilings, walls, and floors well-maintained and compliant with all applicable regulations, turn to the NACE (now AMPP) certified coating experts at Painters USA. We have extensive cold facility painting, coating, and flooring experience to suit any needs:
- Meat, fish, and dairy products
- Beverage products
- Nutritional products
- Biological products like blood and some vaccines
- Drugs and pharmaceutical raw materials
- Photographic film, processed and undeveloped
- Flowers and plants
- Some petrochemicals and other chemicals
- Servers and other sensitive electronic equipment
- Highly automated warehouses and distribution centers
- Artwork and other high value products
Cold facility experience pays for itself
Credentials matter greatly when working in cold, temperature-controlled space. As you might imagine, cold facilities have very specific requirements for painting, floor coatings, and other surface treatments.
- Most cold storage facilities are kept between 33 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, while interior paint is best applied at a temperature between 40 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Cold storage facilities also have impermeable (not porous) surfaces.
- Regular latex or acrylic commercial paint will not adhere or cure properly under these conditions. Special types of paint, such as alcohol-based, urethane, or epoxy, are required.
- Shutting down cold facilities is highly disruptive and risky, often not even a viable option.
Painting a cold storage facility goes beyond the scope of normal paint applications, which is why it's best to consult with a knowledgeable industrial / commercial painting contractor like Painters USA. We have the right experience and crews to keep your cold and subzero facilities in tip-top condition for demanding operational schedules, safeguarding products and other contents, and compliance with regulations and cold supply chain requirements. We work on your schedule to give you fast, high-quality results with little-to-no downtime.