Concrete Polishing of Hallways in Chicago
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated December 06, 2022
More and more property managers and business owners are taking a shine to concrete polishing. In fact, in recent years we’ve observed polishing take center stage as one of the go-to floor finishing methods.
When you dig a bit deeper into the process and benefits, it’s not hard to see why!
- Durability - The polishing process takes an already strong floor and makes it even stronger, adding the durability you need to withstand foot traffic, machinery, heavy-duty cleaning, and more.
- Versatility - Whether you polish flooring throughout an industrial warehouse or retail setting, we can finish the concrete to the luster you’re looking for, stain the concrete, or inlay logos and decorative patterns.
- Quick Turnaround Time - Since concrete polishing offers a dust-free finish and there are no products that need to cure, your floor can be polished quickly when you hire the right industrial flooring expert. In many cases, our team (for example) can polish up to 10,000 square-feet per day with our power trowel polishing method. That’s covering some serious ground!
- Low-Maintenance - The grinding and polishing process removes those nooks and crannies that can harbor dust, dirt, and breed bacteria. A smooth, polished surface is easy to keep clean, and can help you stay in-line with your industry’s government regulations and standards.
How about a real-life example?
Polishing Concrete for a Medical Testing Lab
This particular project was for a medical testing laboratory in the Chicago suburbs.
After weighing their options, our client decided to go with a low maintenance, aesthetically pleasing concrete polish with a light stain. And, being a laboratory setting, the anti-microbial concrete densifier offered the perfect solution to help keep their facility contaminant-free.
After they removed the tile, we got to work on:
- First, we ground the floor aggressively to remove the existing adhesive left behind by the tile
- Next, we filled cracks, spalls, and imperfections with epoxy flash patch
- We then ground the floor using 30-grit diamond heads to remove the existing coating
- We progressed to 60-grit diamond heads
- Burnished the floor with torches to remove protruding fiber
- Ground the floor using 100-grit ceramic cross-hatched heads
- Applied an anti-microbial concrete densifier
- Ground the floor using 400-grit ceramic cross hatched heads
- Ground the floor using 800-grit ceramic cross-hatched heads
- And finally, we burnished the floor again
We have this progression of steps down to a science, working efficiently to create the ideal flooring surface for our clients. The benefits, and results, are amazing.
Let’s Discuss Your Concrete Polishing Needs!
Remember, this is a solution for almost any environment. Give us a call, and let’s help you make the best decision you’ve ever made for your property’s floor.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.