Interior Ceiling and Wall Painting of a Manufacturing Area in Wisconsin
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated January 16, 2023
This Wisconsin client (a manufacturer of boat engines) is one of our repeat customers, and we love every opportunity we’re given to serve them. We first connected with them last year (2015), and since then they have called us again and again to meet their needs. We have been asked to provide a variety of services ranging from epoxy floors to industrial cleaning and painting, and we have even finished work over scheduled plant shutdowns (and other tight deadlines) for them as well.
This time, we had a very specific mission to accomplish over a weekend that involved painting walls and ceilings. Take a closer look with us!
Industrial Painting Over a Weekend
As often happens in manufacturing environments, our client’s ceiling and walls had grown discolored. Not only did this need to be corrected, but it was also a perfect opportunity to update the surfaces with their corporate colors.
As a secondary but equally important mission, we were asked to paint the piping below the ceiling with the color code dictated by OSHA regulations.
What did our industrial painting process include?
- We hung plastic to completely contain our work
- Covered equipment and floors
- We then blew down the ceiling with high-pressure air, removing dust and loose dirt that would get in the way of paint adhesion
- Wiped down any grease and oil on the ceiling prior to painting
- Sprayed the ceiling with modified dry fall white
- Painted the walls with latex semi-gloss (the bottom 6 blocks in black, next 4 blocks in red, then white all the way up from there)
- We used two coats of industrial enamel to color-coordinate the pipes - safety red for the sprinkler pipe, blue for the air lines, and the water pipe was painted green
- Removed and disposed of all the plastic
- As a final touch we cleaned up all the dust from the floors
Can We Help with Your Industrial Painting or Cleaning Project?
The Painters USA team is here to help! Contact us today to begin discussing your project goals and needs.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.