Some positive information regarding COVID-19
The world is finally seeing some positive results in regards to COVID-19 and simple practices like washing your hands frequently, social distancing, and obeying shelter-in-place orders are proving to be effective. We thought we'd share some good news on the progress being made - here are some highlights:
- On March 13,2020, Apple announced that it was reopening all 42 stores in China. This is a great leading indicator.
- In China, 90% of all Starbucks have reopened & expect 95% reopened by the end of March.
- China has closed down all 16 hospitals in the city of Wuhan, erected for the treatment of patients afflicted with COVID-19. There were not enough new cases to support them.
- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Cleveland, OHIO developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- The number of new cases in South Korea is declining. The country of 50 million appears to have greatly slowed its epidemic; it reported only 74 new cases as of March 17th, down from 909 at its peak on 29th of February.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody capable of fending off the infection by the COVID-19 variant of the coronavirus.
- All 7 patients who were being treated at the Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients afflicted with COVID-19 can treat others infected by the same disease.
- Tulsa County’s first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. The individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered, and are able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists is making excellent progress in COVID-19 research.
- Italy has the second oldest population on earth, which would account for the virus spreading so quickly across the country. Such demographic research, however, will be critical in facing down the threat elsewhere.
- Doctors in India have successfully treated two Italian patients with coronavirus using a combination of two anti-HIV drugs: Lopinavir and Retonovir. They are going to suggest using the same medicine globally on a case by case basis.
And a huge THANK YOU to all the medical personnel risking their lives to keep the rest of us safe.