A long-time client of ours in Hodgkins, IL, recently contacted us about making a few necessary improvements and updates to their warehouse.
If you look in the first photo above, you’ll see a very dingy lower portion of the wall (it’s the first four feet, painted in blue), then equally worn insulation stretching up to the ceiling. Not only did the condition of the insulation create a tired, decayed look, but because it was torn and tattered it also compromised the efficiency of the space.
With our mission in-hand, we got to work.
Replacing the Insulation in a Warehouse Wall
If you have ever worked with insulation of any kind, you know that it is a dusty, dirty process. Because our client couldn’t have that debris finding its way back into their facility, we set up a containment system with floor-to-ceiling plastic. Photo 3 up above offers a good perspective on what this looked like.
To make the clean-up process easier, we also covered the floor in plastic to catch falling contaminants.
With our containment strategy in place, we moved on to these steps:
- Removed the old insulation and disposed of it appropriately
- Using a combination of blowing, brushing, vacuuming, sweeping, and wiping, we cleaned away the dirt and dust that was calling the wall home
- Painted the lower four feet of the wall (we did this before installing the insulation to prevent any overspray issues)
- Sprayed the support beams with a bright, fresh coat of white industrial enamel
- We installed the new insulation and sealed the seams with a reflective tape. This prevented any moisture or contaminants from finding their way in
Industrial Ceiling Painting - Just a Sample!
If you have an eye for details, you might have noticed that a section of ceiling in the background is suddenly a bright, fresh white in the “after” photos above. No, your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you…
At their request, we painted a 15’ x 30’ section of the ceiling to give the management a taste of what a repainted ceiling would look like. We likely will be back to paint the rest in the near future.
It creates quite a difference, doesn’t it?
Do You Have Any Questions About Our Industrial Painting Services?
We’re here to help! Please don’t hesitate to contact us at Painters USA with any of your painting, flooring, or coating questions.