Would Concrete Polishing Benefit Your Facility?
Unless you’re familiar with the process of concrete polishing, you might fall into one of two camps: those who aren’t sure what it is, or those who don’t have a firm grasp on the real value that it offers.
Having the concrete in your industrial or commercial facility polished is far more than just a facelift for your property, although that never hurts either. It actually is an exercise in property maintenance, floor protection, preservation and even safety.
Let’s take a look at the process first to better understand the benefits.
What Is the Process of Concrete Floor Polishing?
- Cleaning - We want nothing to get in the way! Our goal is to leave you with a floor that looks better, and works harder, than ever before
- Repair - All cracks are filled with an epoxy crack-filler
- Grind - Using a variety of grits, we use our diamond grinders to prepare the surface
- Add a concrete densifier - We do this between each pass of the grinder, hardening the concrete even more
- Custom luster - Depending on your specific needs, we polish with an 800, 1500, or 3000 grit for either a low, medium, or high luster
This might all sound well and good, but it doesn’t answer the ultimate question: why polish your concrete? What are the benefits? Here are a few to consider:
- Durability - Because there is no actual coating on the polished concrete, and we have simply fortified the surface itself, there is nothing that can fail or break down
- Easy to clean - The surface is no longer porous, meaning that after being polished your concrete is much more sanitary, especially because it doesn’t contain the cracks and crevices that can hide bacteria
- Traction - Adding to workplace safety!
- Attractive - There is no denying that the mirror-like surface of the floor is attractive and professional
From floor to shining floor, this process offers real, concrete (see what we did there?) benefits for your property. If you have any questions about our polishing services, commercial and industrial painting, or industrial cleaning, we hope you’ll reach out to us at Painters USA. It would be our pleasure to help in any way that we can!