5 Signs Your Brewery Floor Needs Repair or Resurfacing
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated December 24, 2022
We know that there are a huge number of details to juggle as you set up your brewery, and costs involved as well. Consequently, it can be easy to let your flooring options slip off your radar, or take a back seat to decisions and expenses that feel more pressing.
A floor is just a floor, right? Well, not really!
Because a huge amount is demanded of your brewery floor, this actually is one of the most critical investments you can make in your facility. Let’s take a look at a few key symptoms of a failing floor first, and then we’ll end on a high note with the characteristics you should look for in your new system.
Is Your Brewery Floor a Little Skunky?
Here’s what to watch out for...
- Slick! A slick floor is a dangerous floor, for you and your team. And, if your flooring runs out into the tasting area, it can be a liability for patrons as well. Concrete shouldn’t be slippery if the right coating system is in place for your needs.
- Cracking! Sure, thin cracks can appear in plain concrete over time, but they can be symptoms of a larger issue. Beyond structural problems, cracking can also be the result of thermal shock from extreme temperature changes - a major risk in breweries.
- Difficulty cleaning! The right system for a brewery needs to be USDA-compliant, and this includes a surface that is easy to keep clean. Cracking, like we mentioned above, can harbor bacteria and become a major problem down the road.
- Peeling/delamination! If you perhaps invested in a lower-quality floor system initially, or it wasn’t installed by a professional flooring company, you likely are running into problems with peeling and/or delamination. Having the right experience is critical for a successful installation, and this starts with concrete repair, grinding, and prep. It makes all the difference, and has to be left in experienced hands.
- Drainage problems! A complete floor system takes proper drainage into account, especially in environments like yours that are frequently washed. An experienced flooring company can factor this in, making sure your floors are designed in such a way that accommodates efficient drainage.
What Should You Look for in a Professional Brewery Floor System?
For a complete list of tips and ideas, we’d recommend clicking over to this article: What’s the Best Floor System for a Brewery?
If you’re in a hurry, here are the highlights:
- USDA approved
- Fast cure time, for a rapid return to service
- Seamless surface, preventing the accumulation of bacteria
- Thermal shock resistant
- Chemical resistant, too!
- Extreme adhesion and surface durability
Our recommendation? A urethane cement floor system! It checks every box above, and we can add a non-slip aggregate as well for extra safety.
If you have any other questions about your brewery flooring options, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. We’re here to help, and it would be a pleasure to serve you.
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.