Fight the Winter Blues - Interior Paint and Design Ideas
By Painters USA Team
— Last updated December 26, 2022
There is a small segment of the population that really embraces winter. It becomes a fun time full of outdoor activities, maybe including snowmobiles, ice-fishing, skiing or snowboarding. But for many of us, especially those who might be stuck indoors during the workday, the winter takes on a different kind of feeling, particularly after the holidays. Your mood might start to reflect the weather: a little cold, a little dark, and a little dreary.
Rather than just brace yourself for the winter blues, why not fight back? This is especially important in an office or commercial setting where high spirits and productivity are a real asset. With that in mind, did you know that there are some interior painting and design strategies that can help to brighten your outlook this winter?
Erase the Blues and Add Some Interior Color
- First, try to remove the colors blue and grey as much as you can from your office space. Psychologically they will work against you, eliciting feelings of cold and depression.
- Inject bright colors! Reds, oranges, and yellows are your friend during the colder seasons. They naturally create warmth and light. Depending on your situation you might not be able to paint large areas these colors, but an accent wall or even a few bright decorations will make a difference.
- Plant life can help! It doesn’t cost much to add a vibrant plant, large or small, to your work area, but the presence of green, brightness, and life will help to improve your outlook.
- Stay active! Even if it’s just a matter of carving out 15-20 minutes to make a run to the coffee shop, a brisk walk releases endorphins and reduces stress. Avoid stagnant positions.
- Brighten your space! Invest in a couple of extra lights so that your work area is never dark and shadowy.
Ask a Commercial Painter for Help
Could your office use brighter, modern colors? If so, Painters USA is ready to make it happen! Why not contact us today and ask about our commercial painting services?
Ready to get an estimate for your project?
Call us at 1-800-999-8715 to learn more about our capabilities, or click on the button below if you’re ready for an estimate.