Polished concrete floor solution for educational facility in Danville, Illinois
We work in countless industrial environments, and see firsthand the impact left by excessive wear and tear, chemical interactions, massive machinery, equipment, and more...Kids, however, have their own brand of destructive power. As their minds are molded and encouraged in school, they find new and inventive ways to dismantle the facility. If you work in education, you know what we mean!
Because of this, when schools approach us to meet a painting or flooring need, durability is at the top of the priority list. Aesthetics matter, of course, but at the end of the day the surfaces need to be up to the challenge.
Adding New Floors, Paint, or Coatings in Your School? Keep These Considerations in Mind!
- Scheduling Flexibility - Our clients appreciate this, especially since school schedules can’t be impacted by improvements and maintenance. We work nights, weekends, and holidays, adapting to their needs.
- Product Durability - As we said above, your surfaces need to be tough!
- Environmental Impact - Products that contain little to no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are important. This eliminates fumes and air quality issues, meaning that you can feel good about your students using spaces shortly after the work is complete.
Concrete Polishing - Here’s a Look At Our Process and Results
- Filling all cracks and spalls in the concrete floor
- Polishing incrementally, moving from 30 grit to 800 grit
- Applied one coat of Densifier
- Polishing again, this time with 1500 grit resin bonded diamonds
- High heat burnish
- We then added a decorative epoxy border matching the cove base, marrying the wall to the floor
The result is an attractive, low-maintenance floor that can handle whatever is thrown at it (literally).
How Else Can We Serve Your Painting and Flooring Needs?
- Electrostatic painting of lockers and file cabinets
- Interior and exterior painting
- Corrosion control of metal surfaces and structures
- Removal and replacement of concrete sidewalks, driveways, & parking lots
- Decorative concrete for lobbies, gymnasiums, and offices
Finding the solution to your maintenance goals starts with a simple conversation. Contact us today, and let’s make a plan!