Table of Contents
Concrete and metal storage tanks and silos are all in a day’s work for Painters USA, even if they’re badly rusted or corroded. We have years of experience serving industries that rely on bulk storage tanks and silos—industries like food and agriculture, oil and natural gas, chemicals, concrete, and mining.
- Right paints, coatings, and processes for your unique requirements and to help you comply with OSHA, USDA, FDA, NSF, and any other regulations. Our supply partners are always available to help us identify the best coating for any situation.
- Work is done by Painters USA employees with extensive training and certifications like OSHA 10 and 30, Aerial Work Platform, Fall Protection and Scaffold Competence.
- We know how to navigate around planting and harvesting, seasonal weather, scheduled down time, and other constraints.
Whether your tanks contain maple syrup or fly ash, we’ll help protect your product and infrastructure investments.
Challenges of silo and tank painting
Bulk storage tanks and silos require skilled, experienced industrial painting crews and specialized equipment. Coatings must provide a barrier of protection against the elements. Safety must always remain top of mind, as the work involves many hazards, from rapid weather changes to working at towering heights.
Tank and silo walls
- Bulk storage tanks and silos take a beating from the environment and heavy duty industrial work processes. Painting requires proper surface preparation, the right coating products, and professional application.
- Surface preparation starts with cleaning and rust removal if needed. We have a variety of cleaning products and methods at our disposal, such as power washing or abrasive blasting.
- Coating products are chosen based on climate and weather, how the tanks and silos are used, and other specifications.
A freshly prepped and painted tank or silo begs for your company logo or name to be added. Logo painting is another painting specialty of Painters USA.
Tank and silo roofs
Tank and silo roofs require special consideration when it comes to coating choice and application. Everything that applies to the walls is amplified on the roof. Tanks with a flat or low-slope create the perfect place for water to pool and puddle. They bear the brunt of UV rays from the sun, a particular issue in southern and western states. Their seams are prone to splitting and metal components tend to rust.
That’s why Painters USA begins every storage container project with a roof inspection, to give us a thorough understanding of what we’re dealing with. We identify the best surface preparation options and the most durable and suitable coating products. Then we put our skilled crews to work, following safety precautions every step of the way.
Our goal is to eliminate or mitigate any weak points and vulnerabilities of your roof to ensure years of optimal performance and protect the contents of your tanks and silos.
Coating technology for bulk storage containers
Coating technology has come a long way from the old tar roof coatings that become brittle over time and paints that easily peel and degrade. Today, the skilled coating professionals at Painters USA can work magic to stop pin holes, cracking, peeling and other degradation that can result in leaks and contamination. New formulations have greatly enhanced durability and protection against weather and other corrosive forces like rusting.
We like to use products that have elastic properties, which allow the coatings to shrink or expand depending on factors like temperature, storage contents, and how empty or full your silos and tanks tend to be. These elastomeric coatings are about ten times thicker than regular paint, bonding to the surface as they harden, yet their flexibility allows them to bend without breaking.
Other benefits of elastic coatings:
- Airtight, no-gap barrier to protect from water and other elements.
- Heat resistant and energy efficient for companies that want to save money on energy expenses and be more eco-friendly.
- UV resistant to protect outside tanks and silos from the glaring sun.
- They can be tinted, and the color is well-retained for long-lasting value and appeal.
Elastomeric coatings ensure a long lasting, protective coating for bulk storage containers.
Painters USA for silo and tank painting expertise
Painters USA knows the materials and processes that will keep your silo or storage structure strong and vibrant for years to come.
- Our crews have the equipment and experience to paint metal structures and silos of virtually any height and dimension.
- We can work safely in any setting, from dizzying heights to sensitive environments.
- Depending on where the storage containers are located and how they are used, we can use low-VOC or no-VOC products and perform lead paint abatement and rust encapsulation. Our corrosion protection carries a warranty of up to 10 years.
We have seen too many tanks and silos virtually destroyed because they weren’t properly maintained. That’s why a reputable and experienced painting contractor like Painters USA is the best option for silo and tank coatings and preventative maintenance.
Painters USA takes pride in a job well-done, and we stand behind our work. Our decades of experience, growth, and customer satisfaction speak for themselves.
- We work around your scheduling needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- National account management for single vendor convenience.
- Coverage from centrally-located offices in Illinois and Texas.
- Certified by WBENC as a woman-owned business.
Don’t forget to ask us about the advantages of setting up a regular maintenance plan for your tanks and silos.
Painters USA will keep your bulk storage containers strong and vibrant for years to come.